Photos Copyright © An Endless Pursuit Photography www.anendlesspursuit.com
Trinity House Café occupies the George Head House, an important architectural example of a late 18th century Federal-style dwelling.
The house, which stands on the corner of Church and Market Streets in the heart of historic Leesburg, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Just across the street is Loudoun County’s historic courthouse, where the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence in the State of Virginia took place.
The Head House, built in 1794, was the home of the Head family from the early 1800s until 1906, including George Head, Sr., a British soldier taken prisoner during the American Revolutionary War, as well as his son, Captain George Head, Jr., who was a Member of the Virginia House of Delegates and Mayor of Leesburg from 1870 to 1885.